The Garrison & Sloan training facility is located on a 5-acre ranch in Miami, FL. Complete with a United States Police Canine Association obstacle course, vehicles, boxes, pallets, buildings, and hundreds of surrounding acres for open area searches, the facility is primed for proper detection training to bring you the highest quality canine teams.
- Licensed by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Licensed by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF)
- Staffed with 5 full-time canine instructors & 4 part-time canine instructors
- Dedicated training facility for law enforcement officers preparing for competitions such as the United States Police Canine Association (USPCA)
- Certified training facility for the Miami Dade Police Department K9 Unit
- Certified evaluation facility for IFRI and FLECA Narcotic and Explosive canine teams
- Certified training facility for canine teams in Obedience, Protection, Narcotics or Explosives, Agility, Tracking, and Handling preparing for Florida Department of Law Enforcement certification
Due to the nature of the business and the intelligence information entrusted to Garrison & Sloan, rest assured that all staff, managers, and handlers understand the imperative need for integrity, ethics, and confidentiality in the execution of our operations and uphold those values at Garrison & Sloan.
Handler and Canine Training and Certification
- Narcotic Detection Both the Handler and Canine complete an intensive a twelve-week, 480 hour training course
- Garrison & Sloan narcotic detection canines are trained to detect cocaine, crack cocaine, heroin, crystal methamphetamine, ecstasy and marijuana. Upon successfully completing the course, the canine team undergoes certification by a team of evaluators through a validated, national certification program.
- Explosive Detection Both the Handler and Canine complete a comprehensive fourteen-week, 560 hour training course. Garrison & Sloan explosive canines are trained to detect black powder, smokeless powder, C4, TNT, RDX, PETN, dynamite, ammonium nitrate, and detonating cord among numerous other explosive components threatening our safety today. The Garrison & Sloan team stays current on major threats to ensure that our canines are ready to meet all explosive detection security needs. Upon successfully completing the course both the Handler and Canine are independently certified by through a validated, national certification program.
- Garrison & Sloan canines are never cross-trained. Canines that are cross-trained can never be 100% reliable because a handler can never be certain as to what substance (explosive, narcotic, human) the canine is responding to. This exposes clients to a high degree of liability because clients cannot plan for critical response plans, standard operating procedures (including evacuation protocol), and law enforcement coordination without knowing what substance prompted the canine’s alert.